Dream Of Steam In The Bernese Oberland
From the Bernese Oberland village of Brienz, the Brienz Rothorn Railway puffs its way up to the Brienz Rothorn summit. This is the only steam-powered cogwheel railway with three generations of locomotives in use in Switzerland.
The nostalgic steam cogwheel train starts its journey at 566 m (1857 ft) above sea level and steams steadily up to the Rothorn in an hour. The 7.6 kilometres track passes meadows and woodlands, cuts through high rock faces and finally travels over steep alpine pastures on its way to the rugged summit. Ever-changin views of traditional woodcarving village of Brienz, down the turquoise lake to Interlaken and across the majestic Bernese Alps make this a truly unique train trip.
Brienzer Rothorn Offer
Included return ticket from Brienz to Rothorn.
|Swiss Pass (incl. Swiss Flexi Pass):||GBP 22.00|
|Swiss Card / Swiss Half Fare Card:||GBP 22.00|
|Children 6- under 16 without STS Family Card:||GBP 22.00|
* Subject to change
- An unforgettable ride on a steam train up the 2350 m high Brienzer Rothorn
- Culinary specialities and romantic nights in the mountains at the Hotel Rothorn Kulm
- Steam engines from three generations
-Historic evening rides
Good to know
- Scheduled services from 01 June- 20 October 2013
- Ride up takes approximately 1 hour
- Children: Under 6 years and children holding a Swiss Family Card do not require a ticket.