The protection of your privacy when processing personal data is very important to us. This privacy statement describes how the personal information we collect is handled during your visit to STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG (STC in the following) websites. We cannot offer any guarantee for external websites linked from an STC website.
1. Personal data All personal data you provide to STC is handled in accordance with the Swiss Data Protection Act and protected from unauthorised access through appropriate measures.
We collect personal data in the following ways: - When you make a reservation or booking through an STC website; - When you contact our customer service team (by email, post, fax or phone); - When you register with us, subscribe to our catalogue, participate in a competition or survey, provide feedback to us or register as part of a sales campaign; - When you subscribe to and use our electronic newsletter.
We store the information you provided in order to process your requests, to transact your reservations and bookings, to offer customised services, for management purposes, for internal analysis, to carry out opinion surveys and to provide you with interesting information. In addition to the explicitly entered data, information is also automatically collected from log files (e.g. IP address, the browser in use, date, etc.). This data is not linked to your personal information. We use this information exclusively to generate anonymous statistics on the use of our internet presence.
2. Sharing information If services from third parties must be rendered in order to fulfil your bookings or other requests, we will forward your data to the service provider in question. This is authorised automatically by entering your data. This may involve a data transfer to a foreign country. Important for travellers to the USA: as an anti-terrorism measure, US authorities require airlines flying to the USA to provide access to the flight and reservation details of every passenger. The passenger data is provided by the airlines. You can find more information under: www.aviation.admin.ch. By entering your personal data, you also authorise us to disclose the data to third parties and professional consultants who are working on our behalf and are party to the privacy statement. Your personal data will not be sold to third parties. We take all necessary steps to ensure that your data is handled confidentially and in accordance with the privacy statement.
3. Newsletter You may receive STC newsletters upon providing consent. You may opt out of further newsletters at any time. Please note: by reading our newsletters, we automatically receive information on how our newsletters are used and which information finds particular interest.
4. Data security The internet is fundamentally an open worldwide network. To ensure the security of the information you provide through our booking systems, we use "Secure Socket Layer" (SSL) technology. This means that your personal data and credit card information is transferred over the internet with encryption. Please note that the transfer of emails is generally unencrypted and involves risks, which may include the data being intercepted and viewed by third parties.
6. Legal basis The Swiss Bundesgesetz über den Datenschutz (DSG) constitutes the basis of this privacy statement.
7. Changes to the privacy statement This privacy statement may be updated at any time. For this reason, we recommend that you regularly read this privacy statement anew to ensure that you are familiar with any changes. Last update: September 2007